RELEASE YOUR CHILD'S FULL POTENTIAL
...By Giving Them the One-On-One Attention They Deserve
STRATEGIES TO HELP YOU TEST BETTER ON THE ACT English TEST
JOAN GEYER KALIHER
Score 28, 30, 32 or 34 points on your ACT English test? Wouldn't that be great? I can hear you thinking, "How am I going to do that?" Obviously you're going to have to start with some basic intelligence about English Usage/Mechanics and Rhetorical Skills along with some test strategies in the ACT English Test area.
You probably have more knowledge in the English subject area than you give yourself credit for. So, in addition to applying your own natural capabilities, here are strategies to improve your ACT English test score, and maybe even earn that Top Score of 36.
ACT ENGLISH TEST
Read the 5 essays and answer the questions quickly; 75 questions must be answered in 45 minutes; that allows 36 seconds per question. Put another way, you have 45 minutes to read 5 essays and answer their questions, or at most 9 minutes for each essay and its questions.
ACT ENGLISH TEST STRATEGIES:
• You may want to quickly skim an essay and its questions before you start to answer the questions, just to get a feel for the writing style and types of questions
• Select the answer which considers the context of the question in relation to the writing style of the essay. Be sure and read a sentence or two beyond the sentence containing the portion being questioned.
•Try to get an understanding of what the writer is trying to say.
• Eliminate answer choices that are clearly wrong or ridiculous; Look for degrees of correctness as several answers may appear to be correct.
• Avoid making new mistakes when selecting answers to correct mistakes in an essay; do not be too quick to judge. A comma or apostrophe can change the meaning and make a real difference.
• Pay attention to the wording of each question. Watch out for absolutes in the answer choices (for example; Always, Never). Some questions will ask you to choose the alternative for the underlined portions that is NOT acceptable or LEAST acceptable, rather than the best choice.
• Choose the BEST answer based on the question and the essay. Reread the sentence and substitute each answer choice and decide which is best. Reread your selected answer. If the underlined portion is already correct, then select the NO CHANGE answer.
• Some questions ask about a section of the entire essay. They are identified by a question number contained in a box after the relevant section. At the end of an essay, you may find questions which ask about the essay as a whole with instructions in a box telling you this.
Joan Geyer Kaliher is a Certified Illinois Teacher and has been tutoring students in the Naperville area for 29 years.
"We believe in helping your son and daughter with ACT EnglishTest strategies to accomplish their goals in the ACT Test. We approach each student by customizing and individualizing ACT subject tutoring in the areas of weakness and review the areas of strength. Included are ACT PREP strategies for all subject reviews. Naperville Tutoring's ACT Test PREP strategies have been prepared by review of the ACT.org Real ACT PREP Guide & the Barron's ACT Math & Science and English, Reading & Writing Workbooks
Exceling on the high stakes ACT test can impact your son or daughter's potential to chose the college of his or her choice & excel in life long learning."
It quickly becomes evident that a higher ACT test result can mean thousands of extra dollars in your pocket because you don't have to spend them on college costs.
If you want more information on scholarships, contact the scholarship or financial aid department directly at the colleges or universities you want to attend.
If you are looking for a SAT or ACT PREP or Online SAT or ACT PREP, call 630.416.6843 to set up your Test PREP appointment or contact us through our website form.
Naperville Tutoring | Educational Articles
- • ACT TEST PREP Resources
- • 7 Ways to Score a 36 on Your ACT Test
- • ACT & SAT PREP Strategies for ENGLISH
- • ACT& SAT PREP Strategies for MATH
- • ACT & SAT PREP Strategies for READING
- • ACT PREP Strategies for SCIENCE
- • Raise Your ACT Score to Attend Your Choice of University & Earn 1,000's of Scholarship Dollars
why naperville Tutoring
We are honored to work with many families from the Naperville and surrounding areas.
If you are outside of the Naperville area, we offer SAT and ACT PREP on SKYPE or Face Time.
Students choose this method due to time constraints and distance.
Naperville Tutoring's Mission & Goal
Education Without Barriers
Students Without Debt
Parents With Less Debt
We welcome an opportunity to help your son or daughter accomplish short range subject area goals.
We provide focused customized SAT & ACT Test preparation to help your son or daughter
REACH FOR 36 & REACH FOR 1600.
We know that "Scoring Your Best" can open the doors to your preferred Universities and potential Scholarships.
Joan Geyer Kaliher is a Certified Illinois Teacher and has been tutoring students in the Naperville & surrounding area for 29 years. We offer our tutoring services through SKYPE or FaceTime Nationally.
Call 630.416.6843 for registration or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Naperville Tutoring's ACT Test PREP strategies prepared by review of the ACT.org Real ACT PREP Guide
and Barron's ACT Math & Science and English, Reading & Writing Workbooks
© 2017 - 2018 | Naperville Tutoring | Educational Articles
|© 2017 - 2018 SMS Design, Inc™ All rights reserved
Naperville Tutoring & SUMMIT ACT PREP